S’more Fun is a recreational childcare program providing structured and unstructured activities designed to help children pursue their own interests, develop friendships, gain confidence, and build independence in a safe, comfortable, and fun atmosphere.
S'more Fun will adhere to the CDC and MN Department of Health guidance on COVID-19 for youth programs. We will update families with any changes that may occur to the information listed below. 2020-2021 school year information is listed below. Summer 2021 information is coming soon.
2020-2021 School Year S'more Fun
Updated schedule as of February 2021
- Grades: K-5
- Registration fees are $35/family per year
- Please contact the site to register
|Battle Creek||Ari Dahlager; 651-501-6388 or Ari.Dahlager@ci.stpaul.mn.us||2 - 6pm||$22/day|
|Groveland||Julie Anderson; 651-695-3715 or firstname.lastname@example.org||7:15 - 9:15am and 4 - 6pm||$11/day (or $22/day for both morning and afternoon sessions)|
|Highland Park||Kathleen Cleary; 612-719-5029 or email@example.com||7am - 6pm and/or 2 - 6pm||$40/day for full day; $22/day for after school only|
|Northwest Como||Kari Rohman; 651-487-5626 or Kari.Rohman@ci.stpaul.mn.us||2 - 6pm||$22/day|
Participant to staff ratios will be kept at 14:1.
Check In/Out Process
- Weather permitting, all check in/out will be done outside.
- Families will be notified of their site's specific check/in out location.
- Only participants and staff will be allowed in the programming space.
- Parents who wish to pick up their participant early may do so at the designated pick up area. Please call the site prior to your arrival so staff can be prepared. This will minimize your time at pick up.
- Participants will be in the same group during the day with restrictions on mixing of groups and avoiding large groups gathering.
- Games will be structured with limited or no physical contact.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
Participant Behavior Requirements
Following the CDC and MN Department of Health guidelines, participants will be expected to:
- Stay with their assigned group and not mix with other groups.
- Maintain 6ft physical distance from others as best as they can.
- Follow health guidelines to protect themselves and others, including wearing cloth masks when necessary.
What to Bring
- Cloth mask
- Extra clothes, if needed
- Lunch (please pack individual lunches for siblings in the event siblings are separated in different groups)
- Reusable water bottle
- Hat (for added protection from the sun)
- School issued iPad and charger (both should be labeled with participant's name)
- Headphones for iPad (labeled with participant's name)
Financial Assistance is available to qualifying families through the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). For more information, contact: