Youth Coach's Corner
Coaching Youth Sports
Saint Paul Parks and Recreation's youth athletics program would not be where it is today without the support of dedicated volunteers. Thank you for your interest in becoming a youth sports coach with the City of Saint Paul Parks and Recreation.
Becoming a Coach
To become a certified coach with Saint Paul Parks and Recreation, the following conditions must be met:
- Submission of a background check once every two years.
- Completion of the online Heads Up Concussion Training once every three years (see below for additional information).
- Attendance at a seasonal preseason coaches meeting.
- Completion of the Online Coaches Certification Training . Please contact your Recreation Director for access to the Online Coaches Certification Training. An outline of this training can be viewed here.
If interested in coaching, please contact a recreation center near you.
Youth Coaches Forms
- Background Check Form
- Concussion Training
- Interaction with Juvenile Participants Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Application
- Coaches Pledge
- Youth Coach's Manual
- "Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports" flyer
- "Heads Up: Coache's Concussion Fact Sheet
- Concussion Parent Information
- Concussion Athlete Information
- Concussion Signs and Symptoms Information
- MN State High School Concussion Information
All coaches, directors, and administrators are required by law to complete this online training course on concussions once every three years. When completed, please email or fax the final page of the test to Municipal Athletics for verification that the test was completed.