A Warm Air License allows the holder to install any equipment used in an environmental heating system which includes a heating appliance (furnace) and ducts designed to discharge air into a space through a duct system. A Ventilation License allows the holder to install any equipment used in the process of supplying or removing air by natural or mechanical means to or from any space.
See Chapter 369 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about building trade business licenses.
You must submit the following:
- A completed Building Trades Business License Application
- A current City of Saint Paul Certificate of Competency (Master Warm Air) or proof of current City of Minneapolis Master's Card
- A Certificate of Insurance with a combined single limit of liability for bodily injury and property damage of $500,000; or $500,000 bodily injury and $200,000 property damage
- Proof of Worker's Compensation Form
- A Minnesota Tax ID Number
- The required fee
If you have questions, contact the Warm Air Inspection Department at 651-266-9006, or email the DSI Message Center.
The annual fee for trade licenses is $168.00 each.
All Trade Licenses expire on December 1st and may be renewed annually.