Massage Practitioner License
This license is for a person who practices massage and conducts massage services from a licensed therapeutic massage center, state-licensed health facility, or Saint Paul licensed home location. Note: When a massage practitioner moves to a new center or home location, the practitioner must submit a new Massage Practitioner License application, including fee. The old license will be canceled. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 414 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about massage practitioners.
You must submit the following:
- Class N City License Application
- One of the following:
- Notarized copy of National Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork diploma or certificate
- Proof of successful completion of written and practical exams from the City of Saint Paul authorized examiner
- Proof of affiliation from a City of Saint Paul licensed massage center (commercial or home location) or state licensed health facility
- Certificate of insurance with general liability of $1,000,000, and professional liability of $1,000,000. The City of Saint Paul must be listed as an additional insured, and 30 days notice of cancellation is required.
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from Environmental Health (Phone: 651-266-8989) and Licensing (Phone: 651-266-8989).
The annual fee for a Massage Practitioner License is $95.00. For additional locations, the fee is $28.00 for each new location.
A Massage Practitioner License expires on the same date as the insurance and may be renewed annually.