Massage Practitioner License
This license is for a person who practices massage and conducts massage services from a licensed massage or bodywork center, a Saint Paul licensed home location or an off-site massage or bodywork location pursuant to Chapter 412. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 414 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about massage practitioners.
You must submit the following:
- Massage Practitioner License Application
- One of the following:
- Proof of a valid Saint Paul Massage Practitioner License in the past five (5) years OR
- Proof of the ability to have been licensed as a Massage Practitioner in Saint Paul based on successful completion of national certification exams as previously stipulated in Saint Paul Ordinance OR
- Proof of successful completion of a postsecondary cours of study that includs 500 contact hours at an accredited or licensed school
- Certificate of insurance with general liability of $1,000,000, and professional liability of $1,000,000. The City of Saint Paul must be listed as an additional insured, and 30 days notice of cancellation is required.
- Required fee
The annual fee for a Massage Practitioner License is $95.00.
A Massage Practitioner License expires on the same date as the insurance and may be renewed annually.