Liquor - Adding a Family Member
This license is for Saint Paul businesses with an existing Liquor On Sale License who request the addition of one or more family members (including parents, children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters) as partners, officers, or shareholders in a partnership or corporation during the term of the existing license. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
You must submit the following:
- Class N City License Application
- A separate application must be completed by each family member who has interest in excess of 5% in the corporation and/or association in which the name of the license will be issued. When completing your application, please use each person(s) full name (no initials).
- Per Legislative Code 409.06(a)(11)d. Licensing requirements: The application shall contain a list of all persons who, singly or together with any other person, own or control an interest in said corporation or association in excess of five percent or who are officers of said corporation or association, together with their addresses and all information as is required of a single applicant.
- If incorporated or partnership, provide a copy of your company's Articles of Incorporation, as well as minutes of the corporate meeting, elections of officers, and desire of corporation to the addition of family members into this type of business. The corporate meeting minutes should include the distribution/allocation of corporate shares.
- Complete the State of Minnesota Liquor application form (liquor on sale, wine on sale, and/or 2 am Option). Upon completion, this form must be submitted with your completed City of Saint Paul liquor application.
- Processing fee must be submitted with each application.
- Upon receiving and processing the complete license application (approximately one to two weeks processing time), DSI will perform and evaluate all required record checks.
The fee to add a family member to an existing liquor license is $55.00 per person.
The original license expiration date does not change.