Mobile Retail License
Mobile retail means selling or offering to sell non-food merchandise from a vehicle. It is unlawful for any person to engage in mobile retail within the City of Saint Paul without first obtaining a license in compliance with the provisions of the chapter.
If you have questions, contact a project facilitator at (651) 266-8989 or email the DSI Message Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Search Chapter 346 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for applicable ordinance regulating the licensing of "Mobile Retail."
You must submit the following:
• Basic operating plan inclusive of merchandise to be sold, location of overnight vehicle and/or storage, principle place of business, affiliation with other businesses, etc;
• Certificates of Insurance - proof of general or business liability insurance in the minimum amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) and proof of current auto/vehicle insurance (failure to maintain insurance is grounds for license revocation);
• Payment for license fee;
• Vehicle Information (Make, Model, Year, VIN, Plate Number, Color, and Any Modifications);
• Vehicle Inspection Report (request Licensing at 651-266-8989 to arrange inspection);
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance and/or Form.
License Fee Schedule
The annual fee for a Mobile Retail License is $76.00 per vehicle.
NOTE: Licenses expire with insurance, must be renewed annually, and are not transferable.