Sidewalk Contractor License
Business engaged in building or repairing public sidewalks, curbs, driveways, trap doors, coal holes, tunnels, or areaways in, on or under any street or alley or public property of the City of Saint Paul. Sidewalk permits must be obtained from the Sidewalk Division of Saint Paul Public Works.
See Chapter 356 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about sidewalk contractors.
Before submitting an application, contact Saint Paul Public Works for approval to apply for this license. You must submit the following:
- A completed Licensing Class R Application
- A $5,000 Sidewalk Bond
- A Certificate of Insurance with:
- Automotive Public Liability coverage in the amount of $100,000 bodily injury per person, $300,000 bodily injury per accident, and $50,000 property damage per accident, and
- Non-Automotive Public Liability coverage in the amount of $250,000 bodily injury per person, $500,000 bodily injury per accident, $150,000 property damage per accident, and $200,000 property damage all accidents during the policy period, and
- The City of Saint Paul named as an additional insured
- The required fee
If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
The annual fee for a Sidewalk Contractor License is $187.00 per business.
A Sidewalk Contractor License will expire on the insurance / bond expiration date and may be renewed annually.