Businesses that charge the public for use of their amusement rides must have an Amusement Ride License. If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
You must submit the following:
- Licensing Class R Application (for Annual License)
- Class T City License Application (for Temporary License)
- Minnesota Tax Identification Number
- Proof of electrical permit for temporary applicants
- Certificate of Insurance
- $1,500,000 public liability coverage for injuries or damages to persons or property
- Must have the City of Saint Paul named as an additional insured and a 10-day notice of cancellation
- Required fee
This license requires approvals from Electrical Inspections (Ph: (651) 266-9003) and Licensing (Ph: (651) 266-8989).
The fee for an Annual Amusement Ride License is $78.00 per location. The fee for a Temporary Amusement Ride License is $29.00 per event.
An Annual Amusement Ride License expires with the insurance expiration date and may be renewed. A Temporary Amusement Ride License is valid only for the date(s) of the specific event.