Liquor - On Sale (Temporary) License


A club, charitable, religious, or other nonprofit organization in existence for at least three years may obtain an on-sale license to sell intoxicating liquor for consumption on the licensed premise only and in connection with a social event within the City sponsored by the licensee. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.

Code Requirements

See Chapter 409.25 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about temporary on sale liquor licenses.

Application Requirements

  • Class T City License Application
  • State of Minnesota Temporary License Application
  • Proof of non-profit status in existence for a minimum of three years
  • A letter of intent for requesting the temporary license (including the nature of the event, whether it is public or private, address of the event, date and hours during which liquor will be sold / served, and the proposed use and disbursement of profits from the sales)
  • A letter of consent from owner lawfully responsible for premise for which license is requested
  • A Liquor Liability Certificate of Insurance (including the corporate name, DBA, event address, policy number, dates of liquor coverage)
  • Required fee

All groups serving alcohol must complete Alcohol Awareness training once in a 12-month period Contact Steve Trimble at the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association at 651-772-0910 to set up training in advance of your event.


This license requires inspection approval from the Minnesota Department of Health 651-201-4500 and Licensing 651-266-8989.


The fee for a Liquor On Sale (Temporary) License $53.00 per day of each event. The fee for Alcohol Awareness Training is $25.00 per year.


A Liquor On Sale (Temporary) License is valid only during the date(s) of the specific event.