Sanitary Disposal Vehicle License
This license is for any vehicle used in a business which conducts the cleaning and removing of the contents of any septic tank, cesspool, sink, privy vault or other private drain. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 354 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about sanitary disposal vehicles.
You must submit the following:
- Class R City License Application
- Certificate of Insurance with:
- Public Liability Insurance: $250,000 / $500,000 for bodily injury or accidental death per person/per accident and $150,000 / $200,000 for property damage per accident/all damages
- Auto Liability Insurance: $100,000 / $300,000 for bodily injury or accidental death per person/per accident and $50,000 property damage
- The vehicle identification number (VIN), and plate number for each vehicle to be licensed printed on the Certificate.
- Identifying information for each vehicle to be licensed including the license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), and make/model/year of the vehicle(s).
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from Licensing [Phone: 651-266-8989], and Zoning [Phone: 651-266-9008].
The licensing fees are $362.00 per vehicle, per year. The fee for vehicle replacement is $44.00.
A Sanitary Disposal Vehicle License expires on the same date as the liability insurance and may be renewed annually.